Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Postachino - aka 'Mormon Coffee'

I have never been a huge fan of the flavor of coffee, but there is something about this rich chocolaty warm drink that has the essence of a coffee-ish flavor.  It's made from barley and is completely caffeine free, and I love that it is something to mix up the late night beverage choices.  Don't get me wrong, hot chocolate is excellent, but sometimes a girl wants her options!


1 cup cocoa mix - I choose the 'no sugar added' version to be a bit healthier
1 cup non-dairy creamer
3/4 cup postum - I get the Pero brand from Winco
1/2 cup sugar - again, I use Stevia to be "healthier"
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Combine all ingredients and add 8-10 spoonfuls to a mug of hot water.  I like to top with whipped cream and a few shimmy shakes of cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment