Monday, October 2, 2017

Salsa

I love salsa.  I like it year round though, and I have yet to find a store bought salsa that I love.  I love going to restaurants and eating their salsa.  That salsa is good salsa.  That salsa can not be bought in a store.  Insert sad face; my sad face.  I have tried lots of fresh tomato salsa, and while I do like it...I don't love it.  I like fresh tomatoes in pico de gallo salsa, but not so much in regular salsa.  In these types of salsa I like canned tomatoes.  The taste is more predictable, and they are the same year round.  I also have made this salsa several times...and each time I love as I stand around the food table and hear comments like "wow did you try this salsa," and "hey (insert name), did you try the salsa? It's so good."  That's how I know that one of my recipe is good...when others make comments to me not knowing that I was the one who made it!!  That sounded really arrogant as I wrote it...whoops!  Anywho...ego aside...this recipe is really delicious!!!  It also goes PERFECT with the Miguel's White Queso!!

28 ounce can whole plum tomatoes including juice
1 small white onion peeled and roughly chopped
1 - 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin or to taste
1 teaspoons salt or to taste
1/4 - 1 teaspoon to 1 granulated sugar optional and to taste
1 - 2 handfuls cilantro I prefer 2
About 3 tablespoons lime juice



Add all ingredients to food processor in the order listed. Pulse a few times to break up the large pieces, then process until texture is as smooth as desired.
Taste the salsa and based on personal preference, adjust as necessary.
Transfer to airtight container and let sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or 1 day for best flavor. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment