Friday, March 25, 2011

Coconut Lime Cream

This is tangy, sweet, and ohh so delicious!!!  I got this recipe from my dentist who got it from a friend who lived in Hawaii for a year.  He told me to try it and I have to admit that I was pretty sceptical at first!  I decided to give it a shot, and now I'm hooked!  It's so good!!!

1 half gallon vanilla bean ice cream
1 cup coconut
2 limes cut into wedges

Turn the stove top onto a medium high heat and put the coconut in.  Let sit until you start to see golden brown specs coming through (about 5 min).  Stir coconut briefly and let sit for another couple of minutes.  Stir frequently until most of the coconut is golden to dark brown.  It should no longer be a sticky consistency, it should be hard and crisp. 

Coconut should be pretty dark brown in color, but some white is okay as long as it isn't sticky.
Put the ice cream into four serving bowls and sprinkle the toasted coconut on top.  Garnish with the lime wedges and serve.  The lime should be squeezed on top right before eating.  I like 1/2 a lime on mine, but others don't like it so "limey" and others like more lime. 
It's too simple not to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment