Monday, December 2, 2013

Loaded Baked Potato and Chicken Casserole

While this dish may look like a lot of steps, it only took me about 30 minutes from the time I started to the time it was in the oven.  I had everything but the green onions on hand (luckily my neighbor bailed me out), and it was super delicious.  It was hard not to lick the plate clean!!

3-4 Medium russet potatoes, baked (I cooked mine in the microwave) and chopped into 1 inch cubes
1 lb Chicken - boneless skinless (I used tenders), cooked and sliced
6 Green onions
6 slices bacon cooked crisp and chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Layer 1/2 of the potatoes, chicken, bacon, green onions, and cheddar cheese into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.  Mix together the cream, salt, pepper, and garlic and pour half over the top the dish.  Layer the remaining 1/2 of all the ingredients and top with the remaining cream. 

Put into the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the cream is a thick sauce"ish" texture. 

ENJOY!!  Yum...so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment